Write permission error when uploading files to bitnami folder and installing c-panel

Keywords: General - Microsoft Azure - Technical issue - Permissions
Description:
I get permission errors when I upload files to btinami folder via ftp. Permission denied. I also get permission denied when I try to install cpanel on the server via ssh

Hi @k112

Thanks for using Bitnami WordPress!

We have a Support Tool that will gather relevant information for us to analyze your configuration and logs. Could you please execute it on the machine where the stack is running by following the steps described in the guide below?

Please note that you need to paste the code ID that is shown at the end.

Good day

There

Hi @k112

The screenshots you have provided highlight that the tool has identified some problems in your instance and suggests some guides you could check to resolve them. After the report is done (you can see the output End of bndiagnostic tool output), if you press Enter an ID will be generated so that you can share it with us. Unfortunately, you quitted the application before the ID was printed.

Could you please run the tool again and share that ID with us?

Best regards,
Jose Antonio Carmona

Was my answer helpful? Click on :heart:

Good day

See the below code

5a49cff4-c6a5-fd03-a34b-363081f83dd6

Hi @k112

Thanks for sharing the code!

I get permission errors when I upload files to btinami folder via ftp. Permission denied.

We have a specific guide that covers this topic, could you please check it?
https://docs.bitnami.com/azure/how-to/troubleshoot-permission-issues/#you-cant-upload-a-file-via-sftp

I also get permission denied when I try to install cpanel on the server via ssh

Could you please describe the steps you are following for installing cPanel as well as their results?

Best regards,
Jose Antonio Carmona

Hi @k112

The error in your screenshot is related to permissions: the curl command does not have permission to write in the folder. You can either choose another folder or execute the command using sudo:

$ cd /tmp && curl -o latest -L ......

# OR

$ cd /home && sudo curl -o latest -L ......

Best regards,
Jose Antonio Carmona

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.