WP-Multisite Error establishing database connection

Keywords: WordPress Multisite - Google Cloud Platform - Technical issue - Other
bnsupport ID: 2ebaaa2f-5c6a-cdc8-ae8a-d8b156fe3bc2
Description:
Hello,

I am receiving an “Error Connecting to Database” message on a new install of the Bitnami WP Multisite deployment in GC.

I have not modified the db credentials. How can I best troubleshoot this?

Hi, @matthew.polaniecki.

I am able to access your site and I don’t see any errors. Where are you getting that error?

Regards,
Alejandro

It appears that my DB was underutilized and causing frequent disconnects. Thank you for your quick reply.

What is the preferred caching plugin for Bitnami WP Multisite?

@amoreno I still am encountering this error message when I attempt to edit various pages and posts. What else can I do to troubleshoot this?

Hi @matthew.polaniecki,

When you ran the Bitnami support tool, you only had 46MB of RAM available

-----------------------------------
Display amount of free and used memory in the system
-----------------------------------
Running: free -m
In: /opt/bitnami

Output:

total        used        free      shared  buff/cache   available
Mem:            584         383          49          68         152          46
Swap:           634         188         446

The instance type you are using is really small and its performance is not good at all. We highly suggest you increase the memory of the machine

https://docs.bitnami.com/google/faq/administration/change-server-type/

Please note that we take the official WordPress package and include the required components for it to run. That means that we are not modifying the application itself so any cache plugin should work. You can get more information about this from the WordPress support forums or from our documentation

https://docs.bitnami.com/google/apps/wordpress/troubleshooting/optimize-bitnami-wordpress/

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.