WordPress Site still Accessible Through Static IP address

Keywords: WordPress - Google Cloud Platform - Technical issue - Domain Name (DNS)
bnsupport ID: 10042ba6-33c3-78d9-b676-4ec4054a2990
Description:
When I visit my website through the assigned domain name that I’ve setup in Cloud DNS, everything works, but I can still visit the site using the static IP address of the Virtual Machine. Is there a quick fix to this issue? In the past, the IP address would always convert (redirect) to the website in the address bar automatically, but now it doesn’t.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

After using the All-in-One plugin to complete the migration - this issue resolved itself. If someone could still explain how to resolve this on a brand new site, I would really appreciate it.

Hi @start2finish,

I just tested your site and confirmed that WordPress is generating those redirections from your IP to the domain. I understand something changed in the application (maybe you disabled or uninstalled a plugin) and that caused the different behavior.

I suggest you take a look at this guide in our documentation that explains how to configure Apache to redirect the incoming requests to your domain, that way you won’t need to use a plugin in the app to perform the redirection.

https://docs.bitnami.com/google/apps/wordpress/administration/use-single-domain/