Wordpress multiside with a third-party domain name

Keywords: WordPress Multisite - AWS - Technical issue - Domain Name (DNS)
Description:
Hi everyone,

I am at the of the rope over here and out of ideas; literally spent the entire day trying to figure this out. I am trying to migrate my site to AWS Lightsail. I have a multisite and all my sites under the same domain: site.com/sub1, site.com/sub2.

Here is what I did so far:

Am I missing something?

Hi @leonkrmv

Thanks for using Bitnami WordPress Multisite!

What is the error you are experiencing after following the aforementioned steps? Regarding them, I don’t understand why you need to set up the DNS configuration twice (maybe I understood it wrong), once in domain.com and another in Lightsail. Maybe I don’t fully understand the use case, but I think you only need a DNS provider to set up your domain (either Amazon itself or a third-party provider).

Having said that, we have a Support Tool that will gather relevant information for us to analyze your configuration and logs. Could you please execute it on the machine where the stack is running by following the steps described in the guide below?

Please note that you need to paste the code ID that is shown at the end.

Best regards,
Jose Antonio Carmona

Was my answer helpful? Click on :heart:

The problem is that when try to navigate to the site, domain doesn’t work. My domain is aslanandjessica.com

I created a new instance to start from scratch. I working right now, not sure how but its working. I will keep an eye on it.

Here are the steps I performed:

f7a515d4-0efb-6608-45eb-3ac7b9ab4803

ran this command “sudo ./bnconfig --machine_hostname our-planets.com

This command configures your instance to use the hostname our-planets.com (theoretically, as in practice it first checks whether the domain is valid or not, and hence I highly doubt your instance was configured to use it), which is the example used in the guide. However, you should be using aslanandjessica.com instead.

I working right now, not sure how but its working […] I will keep an eye on it.

Glad to hear it is working now, please update the thread if you face further issues.

Best regards,
Jose Antonio Carmona

Was my answer helpful? Click on :heart: