Wordpress Gcloud SSH Connection Problems "FATAL ERROR: No supported authentication methods available (server sent: publickey)"

IMPORTANT, please fill the questions

We assume you are using Bitnami to deploy your application: Yes

Which version of the application are you using? 5.4.2-2

Please choose how you got the application: Gcloud launchpad

Have you installed any plugin or modified any configuration file?: Yes, but this problem has persisted since the fresh installation

Describe here your question/suggestion/issue (expected and actual results):

After successfully installing “WordPress” I am attempting to set up an FTP client and Putty SSH. I have followed the directions from bitnami to do this many times from https://docs.bitnami.com/google/faq/get-started/connect-ssh/ but still get the error:

Error: FATAL ERROR: No supported authentication methods available (server sent: publickey)
Error: Could not connect to server

Steps to reproduce the issue (if relevant):

Copy the apache log (if relevant):

I can set up good sdk CLI no problem and login. I would just like to use an ftp client to change files on my wp installation.

I am at a loss about how to troubleshot this problem. Any help on moving forward with troubleshooting is appreciated.

Thanks,

Brad

I would add that the instruction at the bitnami site seem to indicate if I lauch the console, the rsa keys are automatically generated, but they don’t seem to be installing on my bitnami installaiton when I look at the director /home/bitnami/.ssh. I am trying to connect to the static IP I have created for my site, but perhaps this is not the right IP? Confused about this.

Hi @pakroti,

Thanks for using Bitnami. Could you check this old post of the community?

I hope that helps you,
Ibone.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.