WordPress Certified by Bitnami and Automattic

Type: Suggestion
Description:
I have just received an email that says something like this:

Greetings from AWS Marketplace,
Thank you for subscribing to WordPress Certified by Bitnami and Automattic.
We are writing to inform you that Bitnami has added a new version to WordPress Certified by Bitnami and Automattic on AWS Marketplace. As an existing customer, your subscription to the product, any running instances and access to previous versions are unaffected. However, Bitnami does recommend you to update to the latest version, WordPress Certified by Bitnami and Automattic/5.7.1-0 on Debian 10 by visiting https://aws.amazon.com/marketplace/pp/B00NN8Y43U.
For additional questions or upgrade information, please contact Bitnami directly. Click here to visit the seller’s profile page on AWS Marketplace.
Release notes for WordPress Certified by Bitnami and Automattic/5.7.1-0 on Debian 10:

• Updated SQLite to 3.35.4 * Updated WordPress to 5.7.1
    Thank you,
    The AWS Marketplace Team

But unfortunately it does not explain how to upgrade it, can you help please? can you please provide guideline.

Hello @techtic.jigu,

Thanks for using Bitnami! You can check our guide on how to Upgrade WordPress for step-by-step instructions.

Regards,
Francisco de Paz

Hello,

Thanks for reaching out to me, however i want an answer on how i can update to the latest version of Bitnami not WordPress. I know how i can update the WordPress.
I am using AWS and it’s using Bitnami.
Thanks again! Looking forward to your response soon.

1 Like

Hello @techtic.jigu,

Oh, I understood you incorrectly. To update your instance to a newer one the only available way is to migrate your data to a new instance. This is because we usually update not only WP but also the other assets shipped such as PHP or MySQL. To migrate your instance, you can follow our guide at https://docs.bitnami.com/aws/how-to/migrate-wordpress/.

You can check our WP changelog to compare the differences between your instance and newer ones.

Regards,
Francisco de Paz