Wordfence scan result saying "This files might be possible containing malware or virus"

Type: Suggestion
Description:
Hello,

As we all know “Wordfence” found that these websites which were using “WP file manger” get their sites hacks.
After this news, I uninstall wp file manager from my site & start scanning my site with wordfence and at the end of scanning, I found 3 files are not scanned, but wordfence notified me that “This files might be possible containing malware”. I’m scared that my website will be hack. If that files really have malware, Then hackers can easily hack my website.

Plugins I’m using for security

Akismet Anti-Spam
Change wp-admin login
Loginizer
Really Simple SSL
UpdraftPlus - Backup/Restore
Wordfence Security

I’m using paid plugins and never used nulled themes or plugins.
Kindly suggest me guys How I can improve my website security, I don’t want to lose my hard work which I’m doing from months.
Thanks,

1 Like

Hi @Hernandez,

What files? You didn’t give that information.

We can’t help you if you don’t provide the info.

The Wordfence team and the WordPress developers should provide more information about how to fully secure WordPress.

1 Like

Thanks @jota for you reply. After you answer. I try to contact with wordfence support & they solved my issue. Now website is secure and save from hackers.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.