Keywords: Drupal - OS X - How to - Other
I am looking for the documentation for how to get the MySQL Workbench to connect to a db i run on MAC.
- OSX 10.15.4 (latest at the moment)
- Bitnami Drupal for mac: bitnami-drupal-8.8.5-1-osx-x86_64-vm.dmg (latest at the moment)
- installed (all standard, no change of location or change of naming) and started Drupal, got all up and running (db run without SLL) on localhost via Unix socket (standard)
- got PHPMyAdmin up and running, connected to MySQL - created and deleted db's. Altered ac couple of db's as well
- downloaded MySQL Workbench: 8.0.20 (latest at the time)
-- startup MySQL Workbench, but
Q1: How to setup the Workbench?
Needless to try i have tried to connect to both 'localhost' as well as 127.0.0.1. I have tried with "Standard (TCP/IP)" as well as "Local Socket/Pipe" connection. As default schema i have used both an existing db from the installation of the MySQL, as well as a new db i have created and populated (and tried with empty one as well). Username i have tried with both "root" as well as "'root'@localhost'".
As the db do not have SSL - i have not used that option in the setup.
And i have not been able to find the "Socket/Pipe Path" for this standard location, hence i have not been able to put this in.
In a normal MySQL i know where things are, however the location of the db has eluded me till now.
Needless to say, i have been visition Youtube as well, without finding the "right one". Could somebody help me with a hint here?