What is the default phpMyAdmin password?

What is the default username and password to access the phpMyAdmin application bundled with BitNami stacks?

1 Like

The default user for the phpMyAdmin application is "root" and the password is the same that you set during the installation. If you are using the Virtual Appliance or the AMI, you can enable phpMyAdmin following this guide and the default password is "bitnami".

You can find more information at http://wiki.bitnami.com/Components/phpMyAdmin_and_phpPgAdmin

8 Likes

Thanks very much for this.

No problem! Feel free to come back whenever you need!

Edu.

I was able to follow the phpMyAdmin above guide and get the http://127.0.0.1:8888/phpmyadmin/index.php
to come up on chrome on mac running on aws/ec2

But user=root and passwd=bitnami

gives error

#1045 - Access denied for user ‘root’@‘localhost’ (using password: YES)

I also tried the WP admin password I login with.

Any way to change it or other options?

Hi @davidj_halvorson

Did you follow all steps in our guide? I’ve tried to reproduce your issue but I can log in with
user: root password: bitnami

Where do you get that error?

Regards,
Fran

Hello,

I have the same problem. I followed all the steps and keep getting the same error when trying to access phpmyadmin. The errors are:

# 1045 - Access denied for user 'root' @ 'localhost' (using password: YES)

mysqli_real_connect (): (HY000 / 1045): Access denied for user 'root' @ 'localhost' (using password: YES)

Does anyone have any tips? Thanks a lot.

Hello @anderson1

I’ve tried to reproduce your issue but I can log in with any problems. It seems that you are not using the right password and MySQL refuse the access. Which are the credentials you are using?

If you are using a Native installer the password is the one specified by you during the installation process, if you are using a Virtual Machine the password is ‘bitnami’ and if you are using a Cloud Image you need to find the Credentials. You can find more information about how to get your credentials depending on which cloud provider you are using at:
https://docs.bitnami.com/

I hope this information is useful for you. If you have any other question, please do not hesitate to let us know.

Best Regards,

Juan

I am having the same problem, using a Bitnami Wordpress Image on Amazon, trying to login to phpmyadmin. I am using the following credentials:
user: root
password: bitnami

Any suggestions?
Thanks,
Eric

Hi @eric_levy

bitnami is the default password if you are using a Virtual Machine. If you are using a Cloud Image, which is your case, you should be able to access using your MySQL admin password. Also, you can find information about how to change it in the link below.
https://docs.bitnami.com/aws/components/phpmyadmin/#how-to-change-the-phpmyadmin-password

I hope it helps.

Regards,
Fran

Hello Community,

my phpmyadmin login credentials are for example:

user: root
password: mycustompassword

During the installation you have to insert your Full Name, E-Mail, Username and Password and you have to retype the password. And this password is at my example the “mycustompassword”.

I hope i could help someone.

Regards,

Andrej

4 Likes

Hi @sakalandrej,

Thank you for sharing this information in our forum, it will be helpful for other users to understand how phpMyAdmin works.

Regards,
Jota

Hi

I forgot wat password I set. Even for wordpress login. I forgot both ID & Password.

I Have all wordpress settings set. How do I reset password.

Wen try to use forgot password it shows error mail not set

FTP into your website and open the wp-config.php file. At the top it will have the username and password that is currently being used.
It should look like this:

// ** MySQL settings - You can get this info from your web host ** //
/** The name of the database for WordPress */
define(‘DB_NAME’, ‘bitnami_wordpress’);

/** MySQL database username */
define(‘DB_USER’, ‘wp_1234’);

/** MySQL database password */
define(‘DB_PASSWORD’, ‘password1’);

Good luck,
Jed

1 Like

Thank you so much for sharing this solution.

I just setup a bitnami image on Amazon’s Lightsail and am having this issue. They did not provide me with an application password or anything and the default is NOT bitnami.

Yes, I’m stuck too, can’t get into phpmyadmin password at all, using the user root and password ‘bitnami’,

why they don’t make thing easier for people? I don’t get it.

Hope someone can help.

Thanks,

Hello @MiDri @mapperkids

You can connect to phpMyAdmin on your server on AWS following the steps described in the guide below:
https://docs.bitnami.com/general/infrastructure/lamp/get-started/access-phpmyadmin/

Regarding the credentials, if you’re using AWS you can find them as explained here.

I hope this information is useful for you. If you have any other question, please do not hesitate to let us know.

Best Regards,

Juan Ariza

I just started using AWS Lightsail and the PHPMyAdmin default password was not “bitnami.” After some searching I found the password in:

/home/bitnami/bitnami_application_password

You are right @dybm,

As this documentation says, you can check the password on AWS Lightsail by executing:

cat bitnami_application_password

Thanks for sharing it.

Regards,
David Gomez