Web Page 404 Error After Installation

Keywords: MySQL - Linux - Technical issue - Other
bnsupport ID: ac8b521e-8487-02b3-73d6c46e7069
Description:
So the issue I’m having is fairly well documented here in this thread, the only difference being that I’m running Ubuntu 20.04LFS: https://community.bitnami.com/t/internal-error-on-redmine-page-redmine-stack-2-3-1-1/13934/5

But to sum it up, once I’ve completed the setup of bitnami and everything, I can access the webpage but it takes me to the default one for bitnami that says “Awesome! Redmine Is Installed.” followed by “Access Redmine” which when you click takes you to “websiteurl/redmine” but that gives me a 404 error saying that the page isn’t found. I’ve looked into it and it seems that based on that thread I should have a file called “redmine.html” somewhere in my redmine>apps>bitnami>banner>htdocs directory which doesn’t exist. Continuing to follow that thread I found the script called “redmineini.sh” however when I try to execute it via terminal it keeps telling me “Could not find concurrent-ruby-1.1.7 in any of the sources” followed by “Run ‘bundle install’ to install missing gems”. However, I’ve run the bundle install multiple times and that hasn’t fixed anything. I’ve also tried moving the executable file to the same directory that I run the “bundle install” command in and I still get the same error. Please Help!

Thanks,
Jason

Hi @jasongold500,

It seems the bnsupport code is not complete. Could you check it again, or run the bnsupport tool again?

Regards,
Michiel

Here you go, just ran it again.

44e71803-7f28-8c05-7aa2-f349501b2532

Hi @jasongold500,

Bitnami does not package a file called redmine.html. I haven’t been able to reproduce the issue on Ubuntu 20.04LFS using the latest Bitnami Redmine installer. Can you tell me the output of the following command:

cat INSTALLDIR/apps/redmine/scripts/redmineini.sh

Replacing INSTALLDIR with the installation directory.

Can you also check the installation log for errors? This command should show the path of the latest created log:

ls -t /tmp/installbuilder_installer* | head -1

Regards,
Michiel

Hi Michiel,

I’m a little confused then. I thought that after a successful setup when I click on the words “Access Redmine” the landing page should already be made for me? Just for clarification purposes could you please go to my website? As you can see once you’re there and click on the specified text it takes you to the website url/redmine but that page doesn’t exist so it throws an error saying “URL not Found”.

Also, when I ran the first command I received the output:
#!/bin/sh ./home/swordfish/redmine-4.1.1-8/scripts/setenv.sh cd /home/swordfish/redmine-4.1.1-8/apps/redmine/htdocs /home/swordfish/redmine-4.1.1-8/ruby/bin/bundle config default 2.1.2 bin/rake generate_secret_token bin/rake db:migrate RAILS_ENV="production" bin/rake redmine:load_default_data RAILS_ENV="production" REDMINE_LANG="en"

When I ran the second command it returned
/tmp/installbuilder_installer_582598.log
and when I opened up that log inside of it was the following:
Log started on 03/16/2021 at 10:38:58 Preferred installation mode : unattended Trying to init installer in mode unattended Mode unattended successfully initialized Exiting with code 1

Hi @jasongold500,

Did you run the installer in unattended mode? Can you try stopping the services, uninstalling. and reinstalling again in text mode?

Regards,
Michiel

Hi Michiel,

After doing the reinstall and setting it up through terminal everything now works! So thank you so much for all the help! But, I do have another problem now. I’m trying to install the Agile plugin for redmine and I was following the guide here:https://docs.bitnami.com/bch/apps/redmine/configuration/install-plugin-agile/#:~:text=Sign%20in%20to%20your%20Redmine,Agile%20plugin%20in%20your%20project.

However, when I get to the part where I’m supposed to use the command “bundle exec rake redmine:plugins NAME=redmine_agile RAILS_ENV=production” it throws an error at me saying “Plugin redmine_agile was not found.” I also tried entering the full name of the folder which was “redmine_agile-1_6_0-light” and it gave me the same error. Any advice would be greatly appreciated!!

Also just to save some time I ran the support tool again and the new code it gave me was: 62fb6c14-ed30-d17e-5828-4a4ca93a5aa1

Hi @michiel,

Can you try to load the bitnami environment first and then try to install the Agile plugin?

./use_redmine

Or if you installed with sudo:

sudo ./use_redmine

Regards,
Michiel

I tried it both ways and neither of them worked. Any other suggestions?

Actually, nevermind, I figured it out! The problem was that I didn’t unzip the file via terminal and had done so manually. Thanks for all the help!

Hi @jasongold500,

I’m glad to hear you’ve solved the issue. Thanks for sharing it. :smile:

Regards,
Michiel