Web app installation issue, noob question

Keywords: Tomcat - Virtual Machines - How to - Other
Description:
I have deployed OpenKM CMS to bitnami/Tomcat appliance running on a VM. Copied the web application resource .war-file to the anticipated we apps folder (/opt/bitnami/apache-tomcat/webapps).
The webapp resource folder is automatically created (e landed from the .war file), so, I guess, I copied to the right folder, BUT the app is not been populated through Apache and can’t be accessed through a web browse. Am I missing some step here?

Some more info…
I tried the redirect in ROOT index.jsp, the browser now ‘lands’ in the correct folder /OpenKM which also has an index.jsp. No matter what I try I get a 404.
Before I did copy the appliance I created the MySQL database okmdb and the standard user openkm and granted access rights, basically followed the OpenKM manual installation procedure. Did anybody here has had success running OpenKM on bitnami/Tomcat?

Why… I want to setup the bitnami/Tomcat/OpenKM appliance in a production environment, cloud based, but I am already stuck with my VM trials…

Hi @casandra9,

Did you follow the steps in the following guide to configure Apache to serve your application? https://docs.bitnami.com/aws/infrastructure/tomcat/administration/create-custom-application-tomcat/

Best regards,

Michiel D’Hont

Please, click on :heart: if you think my answer was helpful

1 Like

Thank you. I tried this, result 404, like before…

Hi @casandra9,

We have a Support Tool that will gather relevant information for us to debug the issue. Could you please download and execute it on the machine where the stack is running by following the steps described in the guide below? You must click on the platform or cloud that you are using to find the correct instructions.

How to Run the Bitnami Support Tool

Please note that you need to paste the code outputted by the tool in your reply.

Best regards,

Michiel D’Hont

1 Like

Here’s the bnsupport-tool generated code:

923f7623-b0c1-f2d0-5735-cfe78bc44701

Thank you for looking into this!

Hi @casandra9,

Thank you for sending the information. A colleague will contact you soon to help you with this issue.

Best regards,

Michiel D’Hont

Hi @casandra9,
The problem is that openkm is giving a error when it is deployed.

14-Nov-2018 15:16:04.788 SEVERE [localhost-startStop-1] org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.addChildInternal ContainerBase.addChild: start:
org.apache.catalina.LifecycleException: Failed to start component [StandardEngine[Catalina].StandardHost[localhost].StandardContext[/OpenKM]]
at org.apache.catalina.util.LifecycleBase.start(LifecycleBase.java:167)
at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.addChildInternal(ContainerBase.java:754)
at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.addChild(ContainerBase.java:730)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHost.addChild(StandardHost.java:734)
at org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig.deployWAR(HostConfig.java:985)
at org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig$DeployWar.run(HostConfig.java:1857)
at java.util.concurrent.Executors$RunnableAdapter.call(Executors.java:511)
at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:266)
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1149)
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:624)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:748)
Caused by: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: javax/mail/MessagingException
at java.lang.Class.getDeclaredMethods0(Native Method)
at java.lang.Class.privateGetDeclaredMethods(Class.java:2701)
at java.lang.Class.getDeclaredMethods(Class.java:1975)
at org.apache.catalina.util.Introspection.getDeclaredMethods(Introspection.java:133)
at org.apache.catalina.startup.WebAnnotationSet.loadMethodsAnnotation(WebAnnotationSet.java:285)
at org.apache.catalina.startup.WebAnnotationSet.loadApplicationServletAnnotations(WebAnnotationSet.java:138)
at org.apache.catalina.startup.WebAnnotationSet.loadApplicationAnnotations(WebAnnotationSet.java:69)
at org.apache.catalina.startup.ContextConfig.applicationAnnotationsConfig(ContextConfig.java:328)
at org.apache.catalina.startup.ContextConfig.configureStart(ContextConfig.java:772)
at org.apache.catalina.startup.ContextConfig.lifecycleEvent(ContextConfig.java:299)
at org.apache.catalina.util.LifecycleBase.fireLifecycleEvent(LifecycleBase.java:94)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.startInternal(StandardContext.java:5154)
at org.apache.catalina.util.LifecycleBase.start(LifecycleBase.java:150)
… 10 more
Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: javax.mail.MessagingException
at org.apache.catalina.loader.WebappClassLoaderBase.loadClass(WebappClassLoaderBase.java:1328)
at org.apache.catalina.loader.WebappClassLoaderBase.loadClass(WebappClassLoaderBase.java:1156)
… 23 more

It seems there are some class missing.

Best regards,
Rafael Rios

1 Like

Hmm, strange. Must have something to do with the OpenKM distru.
Their installer will install it’s ‘own’ Tomcat stack. I used the sourceforge distru which comes in the form bundled with Tomcat as installer or a zip repository with the appliance OpenKM only. The latter one I used for bitnami Tomcat.

Thank you…

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.