W3 Total Cache - rewriting is not working

Keywords: WordPress Multisite - Google Cloud Platform - Technical issue - Plugins installation/configuration

bnsupport ID: a4226a48-4049-b3dc-129c-f147a3fe964d

bndiagnostic output:

? Apache: Found possible issues
? Wordpress: Found possible issues
https://docs.bitnami.com/general/apps/wordpress/troubleshooting/debug-errors-apache/
https://docs.bitnami.com/bch/apps/moodle/troubleshooting/deny-connections-bots-apache/

bndiagnostic failure reason: The documentation did not make any significant change

Description:
I have followed all posts, steps and guidance on configuring the .htaccess but I have no luck still with getting W3 Total Cache working correctly

All of the config information has been pulled from their Install page in the plugin

/opt/bitnami/wordpress/.htaccess
/opt/bitnami/wordpress/wp-content/cache/minify/.htaccess
/opt/bitnami/wordpress/wp-content/cache/page_enhanced/site.page/.htaccess

and added each with their own <Directory “PATH”> in /opt/bitnami/apache2/conf/vhosts/htaccess/wordpress-htaccess.conf

When in debug mode I am still getting

W3 Total Cache error:It appears Minify URL rewriting is not working. Please verify that the server configuration allows .htaccess

W3 Total Cache error: It appears Page Cache URL rewriting is not working. Please verify that the server configuration allows .htaccess

Thanks, Philll

I have managed to resolve this, the Directory elements I added to ‘/opt/bitnami/apache2/conf/vhosts/htaccess/wordpress-htaccess.conf’ were not pointing to the directory but the .htaccess file

i.e
Not Working
<Directory "/opt/bitnami/wordpress/wp-content/cache/minify/.htaccess">

instead of

Working
<Directory "/opt/bitnami/wordpress/wp-content/cache/minify">

A small oversight but was causing the issue.

Hello @phill,

Thanks for using our WP Multisite stack and for sharing your solution! We are marking the previous answer as “Solution” and this topic as “Closed”.

If you have any other questions, please do not hesitate to let us know. Feel free to create a new topic referencing this one if necessary.

Regards,
Francisco de Paz