VM IP address not working in browser

Keywords: GitLab - Virtual Machines - Technical issue - Other
Description:
I have installed Bitnami GitLab CE 10.8.4-0

and followed the documentation as per the URL mentioned below

https://docs.bitnami.com/virtual-machine/apps/gitlab/
https://docs.bitnami.com/virtual-machine/

How To Access Your Application?
Once you have imported your Bitnami Virtual Machine, the IP address for your application is displayed on the virtual machine’s login screen. Access the application via your browser by entering this IP address.

after loged into bitnami gitlab server console with user name - bitnami.

IP address is displayed on the screen, after entering this command “sudo ifconfig”

Issue - when trying to access the virtual machine’s IP address in the browser getting an error message (your connection is not private), unable to proceed further.

Note - When clicked on start button from virtual box, while processing in the console found, failed to start the network interface in red colour, not sure what this mean, thought this might help you in finding the solution.

Hi @vinaydev1982,

You get the message because Gitlab automatically redirects to HTTPS, while an SSL certificate is not configured. As you are running the application locally it’s safe to proceed anyway.

Best regards,

Michiel D’Hont

Please, click on :heart: if you think my answer was helpful

Hi Michiel,

Thank you very much for your speedy reply.

I have click on proceed anyways, but again it’s showing the same error with IP changed to 127.0.0.1 and I have installed TestLink and Mantis in the same windows machine, not sure if the issue is due to this.

Please advice

Hi @vinaydev1982,

Having TestLink and Mantis installed shouldn’t be a problem as long as they are not running at the same time. Could you send a screenshot of the error after clicking on proceed anyway?

Best regards,

Michiel D’Hont

I have stopped TestLInk and Mantis and when trying to access the virtual machine’s IP address in the browser getting an error message (as shown in the attachment), unable to proceed further.

Thank you,

Issue - Failed to start Raise network interfaces, please see the screenshot

Hi @vinaydev1982,

The VM startup screen should show an IP address other than 127.0.0.1. Could you check if this is the case and visit that instead? Or does it change automatically to 127.0.0.1?

Best regards,

Michiel D’Hont

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.