Vhost not pointing to correct directory

Keywords: LAMP/MAMP/WAMP - AWS - Technical issue - Other
bnsupport ID: 17c22dd6-a522-c0e8-181b-1c5440c4983b
Description:
I have three virtual hosts working perfectly, but the fourth does not, instead it redirects the user to the default site. I have confirmed that the host files are correct by using a file comparison plugin to Sublime Text. The only differences are the ServerName and the directory. The site that doesn’t work is m******d.co.uk

Hi @vurtual,

Thanks for your message. I tried to visit that server and it is giving a too many redirect error to me. It seems like something is not properly configured for that site. I see that new site doesn’t have the SSLCertificateFile and related directives configured (they are commented out). Can you check it?

I also see the next error in Apache logs, so I think something in the application is not properly working

[Thu Jun 17 18:22:01.667245 2021] [proxy_fcgi:error] [pid 3669:tid 140205398726400] [client **ip_address**:56159] AH01071: Got error 'PHP message: PHP Warning: ftp_nlist() expects parameter 1 to be resource, null given in /opt/bitnami/apps/muto/wp-admin/includes/class-wp-filesystem-ftpext.php on line 420

I don’t know how I can fix that unless I get the site running. Looking at the warnings output by the bnsupport-tool, there is a permissions issue on .htaccess. I’ve tried a number of owners, but I have no idea what it should be. I think that is the key to cracking this!

Tried using a fresh wordpress install and restoring a backup into it. All seemed good until… well there’s a new post coming for that.

Hi @vurtual,

I think this thread and the other linked below are related to the same server and websites. Is that correct?

If so, please let us know so we can merge them. I think both issues are related.

Can you also tell us which is the new error you are getting? I understand restoring the backup in a new server worked fine, right? I still think there was any configuration issue on your previous server (according to Apache logs).

Looking at the warnings output by the bnsupport-tool, there is a permissions issue on .htaccess. I’ve tried a number of owners, but I have no idea what it should be

Which commands did you try to fix this?

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.