Using Bitnami nginx on port 80 as reverse proxy for Bitnami Alfresco

:warning: IMPORTANT, please fill the questions

We assume you are using Bitnami to deploy your application.

• Which version of the application are you using?: v4

• Please choose how you got the application: Installer (Windows, Linux, macOS), cloud image (AWS, GCE, Azure, …) or VM (VMDK, VBOX): Installer (Linux)

• Have you installed any plugin or modified any configuration file?: No

• Describe here your question/suggestion/issue (expected and actual results):

I would like to use Bitnami NGINX as et reverse proxy for BITNAMI alfresco … and so i am try to use port 80(http://mydomain) on NGINX to will forward everything to alfresco:8080

When i add a server with port 80 in bitnami.conf Nginx will not start but as soon as i change the port to something grather than 1024 verythings looks ok.

Googling the issue, and following advises on how to debug i have seen nginx’s log saying permission denied for 0.0.0.:80

can somebody help ?

• Steps to reproduce the issue (if relevant):

• Copy the apache log (if relevant):

PASTE HERE
```.

Which version of the application are you using?: v4

Please choose how you got the application: Installer (Windows, Linux, macOS), cloud image (AWS, GCE, Azure, ...) or VM (VMDK, VBOX): Linux

Have you installed any plugin or modified any configuration file?: No

Describe here your question/suggestion/issue (expected and actual results):
    hi
    Please i would like to know:

if there is any reason why Bitnami chooses to use Mysql as default database instead of Postgre

Can i use Bitnami Afresco for production ?

Thanks

Hi @delacosta456

Thanks for using Bitnami Nginx!

When i add a server with port 80 in bitnami.conf Nginx will not start but as soon as i change the port to something grather than 1024 verythings looks ok.

This is because port numbers below 1024 are privileged ports, and only granted users can bind to them. More on that in:

https://www.w3.org/Daemon/User/Installation/PrivilegedPorts.html

On Linux and MacOS platforms, you may install the stack as the root user to use a port number under 1024.

Best regards,
Jose Antonio Carmona

Was my answer helpful? Click on :heart:

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.