Uploading the media files to uploads folder at AWS wordpress bitnami

Keywords: WordPress - AWS - Technical issue - Permissions
Description:
Hello expert!

Please help me out.

Few days ago I had no space so whole website was no functioning. So before I change the volume, I had to delete few media files before upgrade.

Now, I’ve upgraded the space, and need to upload the deleted images via SFTP.

Somehow, I’m getting all error alerts that I can not upload the image files. It looks like the permission issue.

Please help me out how to change the permission and what permission I need to change.

I’m a beginner so help me out. Thanks.

Hi @allenclein

Thanks for using Bitnami WordPress!

Somehow, I’m getting all error alerts that I can not upload the image files. It looks like the permission issue.

What do the error messages you obtain look like? Could you please post them here so that we have a better understanding of the issue?

Note that we have the whole process of uploading files covered in one of our guides, just to make sure you are following the right steps :slightly_smiling_face:
https://docs.bitnami.com/aws/apps/wordpress/administration/upload-files/

Additionally, we have a Support Tool that will gather relevant information for us to analyze your configuration and logs. Could you please execute it on the machine where the stack is running by following the steps described in the guide below?

Please note that you need to paste the code ID that is shown at the end

Best regards,
Jose Antonio Carmona

Was my answer helpful? Click on :heart:

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.