Upload a picture to a created product is not possible--> Error message: an error occurred during the file upload

Keywords: Akeneo - Virtual Machines - Technical issue - Other
bnsupport ID: a8af4ffd-02c7-9e46-6289-d47bea80e4a6
Description:
When I create a product. I add all the information that we need. I Topics is a picture.
The max size is 5 MB + all format are allow that Akeneo support.
If I add something from the Webview every time comes a error message.
Error message: an error occurred during the file upload

I use the support tool to upload the information to your server.
a8af4ffd-02c7-9e46-6289-d47bea80e4a6

Hi @mutzos19,

Could you please provide more information about how to reproduce the error? A picture with the product’s settings and the error will be fine. Apart from that, we would like to know the picture’s format you are submitting and the size of that picture.

Thanks

Hi @jota,

in the first Sceenshot you will find the setting of the Picture.

After that go to Product define the product and prepare everything to add the picture
(Product is an example for testing)

I tested with two way per Drog and Drop or click on the picture and select the document for Upload.

Drag and drop to the window (mark red) and the i receive the error message on the right site (mark red)
(picture in the next comment)

I tested with 2 picture . first with 500kB jpg and then now with a png with 200kB

Thanks for you help.

Hi @jota

here the screenshot of the Error message.

I tested with two way per Drog and Drop or click on the picture and select the document for Upload.

Drag and drop to the window (mark red) and the i receive the error message on the right site (mark red)
(picture in the next comment)

Hi @mutzos19,

I just launched a fresh instance with the latest version of Akeneo and could create a product and attach an image without problems

The steps I performed where these ones:

• Settings > Attributes > Create Attribute > Image > Code = image; Attribute group = Other > Set max file size and extensions > Save
  • Settings > Families > Create Family > Code = test > Save > Attributes tab > Add by Groups > checkmark Other > Add > Save
  • Products > Create > Product > SKU = test; Family = test > Save > Image click to upload > choose random image

Another user had a similar issue and the team helped to restore the permissions of the application. Can you take a look at it?

Happy to help!

Was my answer helpful? Click on :heart:

1 Like

@jota

The key was the Link. after input the correct command everything works fine.

Thanks for your Support.

Hi @mutzos19,

I’m glad to hear that :slight_smile: I just notified the team about this ticket just in case we need to modify something in the Bitnami solution.