Upgrade from Bitnami Owncloud 8.2.11 to 10.x

Keywords: OwnCloud - Virtual Machines - Technical issue - Upgrade
Description:
I followed the instructions to migrate from a previous version to the latest. I downloaded 10.0.8, installed it, migrated the MySQL databases, data folders, and configs. Once I got all the permissions fixed, I was able to access the GUI and it said I needed to run the upgrade from the CLI. I ran:

sudo -u daemon /opt/bitnami/php/bin/php /opt/bitnami/apps/owncloud/htdocs/occ upgrade -v

I got this error:

ownCloud or one of the apps require upgrade - only a limited number of commands are available
You may use your browser or the occ upgrade command to do the upgrade
2018-05-28T07:28:09+00:00 Set log level to debug
2018-05-28T07:28:09+00:00 Exception: Updates between multiple major versions and downgrades are unsupported.
2018-05-28T07:28:09+00:00 Update failed
2018-05-28T07:28:09+00:00 Maintenance mode is kept active
2018-05-28T07:28:09+00:00 Reset log level

According to the documentation from Owncloud, I should be able to upgrade from 8.2.11 to 10.0.8.

Any suggestions?

Hi @reinier,

The following section in our docs describes how to upgrade OwnCloud: https://docs.bitnami.com/virtual-machine/apps/owncloud/#how-to-upgrade-owncloud

Hope it helps,

Michiel D’Hont

This was the document I used to upgrade. Migrated all my data to the latest Owncloud stack from Bitnami. I am getting this error after trying to run the new stack for the first time.

Hi @reinier,

We have a Support Tool that will gather relevant information for us to debug the issue. Could you execute it on the machine where the stack is running by following the steps described in the guide below? You must click on the platform or cloud that you are using to find the correct instructions.

How to Run the Bitnami Support Tool

Please note that you need to paste the code outputted by the tool in your reply.

Regards,

Michiel

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.