Update OpenProject

Keywords: OpenProject - Linux - How to - Upgrade
Description:
Hi all,

how can I do an in place update of OpenProject running on a Bitnami Debian Linux appliance? All I’ve found ist this article: https://docs.bitnami.com/installer/apps/openproject/administration/upgrade/.

But I don’t know how to launch a new OpenProject instance or server and to copy the database backup to the new server.

Is there no way to update the existing OpenProject installation?

Kind Regards.

I know how to launch a new Bitnami server with OpenProject but this looks very complicated because I have to set up a full new server installation with all the settings of the linux OS and the OpenProject application.

Hello @TheExpert,

I’m afraid there is no easier way to upgrade your OpenProject application. Keep in mind that our solutions ship with all the required components so that an application can work out-of-the-box.

Unfortunately, there are applications where the upgrade requires migrating your data to a new instance, be it because the application requirements vary greatly or because the specific package configuration makes it impossible the upgrade with a few simple commands.

Regards,
Francisco de Paz

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.