Unrecognize Login and Password

Keywords: Dolibarr - OS X - Technical issue - Upgrade
Description:
Hello,

After an update I can’t login any more.
My ex-login and password isn’t recognize.

Hi @arn

Thanks for using Bitnami Dolibarr!

After an update I can’t login any more.

Are you using the administrator account? In that case, could you please refer to this post here that shows how to obtain the admin credentials and retry?

Best regards,
Jose Antonio Carmona

Was my answer helpful? Click on :heart:

Hi @jcarmona thanks for your reply.

Terminal tell me

cat: /home/bitnami/bitnami_credentials: No such file or directory

I’ve a backup. So If it’s the best option I’m ok to completely delete Bitnami Dolibarr and realize a clean install. But I don’t know the right way to do that.
First of all is Bitnani ok for macOS Big Sur ?

Hi @arn

Are you running that inside the VM terminal (using the Open Terminal button in the main application dashboard)

If so, could you please run the following commands?

$ whoami
$ ls -la /opt/bitnami
$ ls -la /home/bitnami/

I’ve a backup. So If it’s the best option I’m ok to completely delete Bitnami Dolibarr and realize a clean install.

It’d be nice if you could add more input about your issue so that I am able to fully understand it. Maybe an option could be to restore this, but as this option is always there (as you have a backup) I’d resort to it if other suggestions do not work.

Best regards,
Jose Antonio Carmona

Yes, I open Terminal inside VM :

So I used Bitnami Dolibarr 8, install since 2018 on my computer.
yesterday after updating my Mac to Big Sur the Bitnami app doesn’t open so I try to download the last version of the package.
This one, Dolibarr 13.0.1, open the login page but my login/password isn’t recognize. Here we are.

Hi @arn

Thanks for the screenshot!

This one, Dolibarr 13.0.1, open the login page but my login/password isn’t recognize. Here we are.

The new version of the stack will also ship with new credentials by default, that may be the reason why :slightly_smiling_face:

cat: /home/bitnami/bitnami_credentials: No such file or directory

From your screenshot I can see that that is not the Terminal of the app, and thus it is the reason for the command to be failing. After clicking the Open Terminal button in the dashboard, a new Terminal window should be automatically opened. There, you should see something like this:

Notice the root@debian instead of yourUsername@MacBookPro. Are you able to open such terminal?

Once there, the command

sudo cat /home/bitnami/bitnami_credentials

should print the new credentials.

Best regards,
Jose Antonio Carmona

The only Terminal I can obtain is this one.
Services are “Yellow”

Hi @jcarmona

Actually I can’t anymore use Dolibarr and it’s very complicated.

Can you assist me to delete completely from my computer and Install the new one from the scratch.
Thank you so much.

Hi @arn

If you want to completely delete your Dolibarr installation you may follow this guide here:
https://docs.bitnami.com/installer/faq/osx-vm-faq/administration/uninstall-osx-vm/

The second step can be performed by running:

$ rm -rf ~/.bitnami

from your terminal :slightly_smiling_face:

Beware that this will delete any files and/or configuration that you previously had.

After that, you may install the new version of the Dolibarr stack.

Best regards,
Jose Antonio Carmona

I don’t understand at all. Even after having completely uninstalled Bitnami Dolibarr then reinstalled I get the same login page (without configuration).
And if I click on “Terminal” of Bitnami I have the Terminal of my macos session that opens …

OK So I understand for the “terminal” you must authorize in macOS privacy setting “bash” to accede at “terminal”

Here is my credential.

So now I can access to the restore page but I don’t understand how to do with the second step. If you could help.

@jcarmona I can’t upload your database backup file because I can’t open the /bitnami stack

Hi @arn

I have been able to reproduce your issue locally. I will create an internal task for the team to review. In the meantime, you can resort to this workaround to make it work:

1. Open the application Terminal (the one from which you can print your credentials)
echo "/bitnami/ *(rw,insecure,all_squash,anonuid=1000,anongid=1000,no_subtree_check)" | sudo tee -a /etc/exports 
  1. Restart your application. From the application dashboard, click on the Stop button until the light dot goes red, and then click on the Start button. Wait for the light dot to become green again.

2. You should be able to mount the volume now :slightly_smiling_face:

Could you please try to follow those steps?

Best regards,
Jose Antonio Carmona