Hi @dbarranco, a lot has happened since my initial post, so here is an update, in addition to the info you asked about. Since my initial issue, i un-installed the 3.1.2 version and re-installed a second 2.9.2 version to match my PROD environment. Once the app files where there, i took a sql backup of PROD and restored it to TEST. This was my first time having to restore a db using myphpadmin. Once completed, Moodle loaded, but threw errors about the application files being older than the ones used to create the db...something like that. I was able to overlay all the files (htdocs and moodledata) and get the TEST environment working. As i began to change the banner on the login screen, I realized that my changes in TEST were also impacting PROD. SMH on my part for copying over the config.php. I have changed it, but still have the same issue. Did some research and found something about apache caching. I am not using IIS, so maybe this applies?
My second, and more troubling issue. I have the mysql root pw setup correctly on the test environment, but never set it up that i recall, on the older, PROD environment. Both are mySQL 5.6.26 I am trying to reset/establish it and am having no luck. I have tried using the --init-file method, with these parameters:
D:\Bitnami-Test\moodle-2.9.2-0\mysql\bin\mysqld.exe --defaults-file=D:\Bitnami-Test\moodle-2.9.2-0/mysql\my.ini moodleMySQL --init-file=D:\\Bitnami-Test\moodle-2.9.2-0\mysql\bin\reset_root.txt
which according to the cmd prompt, does start a process successfully, and should load this file...
SET PASSWORD FOR 'root'@'127.0.0.1' = PASSWORD('ihatemyjob1');
Or this version--neither have worked.
UPDATE user SET Password=PASSWORD('ihatemyjob1') WHERE User='root';
I have been scouring pure mySQL forums as well as Moodle-specific, but cant come up with the right syntax i guess. I see many people have luck with this approach, so i do have hope.
Here are my screenshots.
I would be interested in using IIS over Apache, but never really found the right documentation. Part of the cleanup i did was to remove a stray wamp folder and the extra copies of moodle files in wwwroot. So at one point I probably tried to configure IIS, but was unsuccessful.
Thanks for listening..