Unable to stop or restart scripts

Keywords: LAMP/MAMP/WAMP - AWS - Technical issue - Services (Apache, MariaDB, MySQL…)

bndiagnostic ID: 9187f967-0e07-4c39-e92e-7463139e61b9

bndiagnostic output:

? Apache: Found possible issues
? Resources: Found possible issues
https://docs.bitnami.com/general/apps/wordpress/troubleshooting/debug-errors-apache/
https://docs.bitnami.com/bch/apps/moodle/troubleshooting/deny-connections-bots-apache/

bndiagnostic failure reason: I do not know how to perform the changes explained in the documentation

Description:
When I run
/opt/bitnami/ctlscript.sh restart
I receive this error
Job for bitnami.service failed because the control process exited with error code. See "systemctl status bitnami.service" and "journalctl -xe" for details
Here is the output of both of those commands
output of systemctl status bitnami.service
output of journalctl xe

Stopping services instead of restarting does not stop them. I can’t renew my SSL with this error persisting.

Support too: 9187f967-0e07-4c39-e92e-7463139e61b9

Hi @andi ,

I can see all services are up and running

-----------------------------------
Get the ctlscript status
-----------------------------------
Running: ./ctlscript.sh status
In: /opt/bitnami

Output:

apache already running
mysql already running
php-fpm already running

However, I can also see you have a 512MB of RAM instance and its performance is really poor. That’s probably the reason why you are getting those “Resource temporarily unavailable” errors. We suggest you increase the resources of the machine to avoid them.

I know my services are already running. I said the problem is I can’t stop or restart them.

Let’s get more info by running the scripts directly.

for file in `find /opt/bitnami/scripts/ -name stop.sh`; do sudo $file; done
for file in `find /opt/bitnami/scripts/ -name start.sh`; do sudo $file; done

Here is the output. It did successfully stop and start. Any idea why I can’t do it with the usual commands?

I told you that your machine was running into performance issues. If you increase the resources, you won’t get that error.