Unable to sign into Bitnami inside Wordpress Multisite

Keywords: WordPress Multisite - OS X - Technical issue - Domain Name (DNS)
bnsupport ID: 77cbff97-7149-7370-ad35-bdd6a6de143c
Description:
Recently, changed two of the website addresses to .nip.io which allowed to access them.

I can open them up using their addresses but unable to edit as Bitnami won’t allow me to sign in (user, Bitnami). I think it’s trying to open a .xip.io address which I have had trouble with and does not seem to run

This is the error code received when clicking ‘Go to application’ =

Safari can’t open the page “‎192.168.64.3.xip.io/wp-signup.php?new=192.168.64.3.nip.io” because Safari can’t find the server “192.168.64.3.xip.io”.

Hello @toms16590,

It seems there still are references to .xip.io in your WP configuration. Please check the definition of DOMAIN_CURRENT_SITE in the wp-config.php file and the redirection to xip.io done in apps/wordpress/conf/httpd-prefix.conf:

#Init xip redirection
RewriteEngine On
RewriteCond "%{HTTP_HOST}" ^([0-9]{1,3})\.([0-9]{1,3})\.([0-9]{1,3})\.([0-9]{1,3})(:[0-9]*)?$
RewriteRule "^/?(.*)" "%{REQUEST_SCHEME}://%1.%2.%3.%4.xip.io%5/$1" [L,R=302,NE]
#End xip redirection

Regards,
Francisco de Paz

Hi there,

Both files have reference to the .xip.io

Have managed to change both files to .nip.io, through the mount option, but this didn’t seem to fix the problem and it kept on reverting back to .xip.io (file and browser)

Thank you,

Tom

Hi @toms16590,

Did you restart your services after applying the changes? If the problem persists, could you try flushing your cache as explained here?

Regards,
Francisco de Paz

Hi @fdepaz,

I was restarting the entire Bitnami Multisite to see if my changes had been made, they registered me editing the files as the date changed but none of the code stayed changed.

I have tried on multiple browsers as well

Thanks,

Tom

Hi @toms16590,

Could you please share a new bnsupportID so we can investigate the issue with an updated snapshot of your configuration?

Hi @fdepaz

When I enter the code to run the tool it does state there is an update, but I am unsure if this will have any effect on the Multisite websites so I have not installed the update.

Code: 42d00862-5c5e-3dca-2e86-cf77bf1e14d1

Thanks,

Tom

Hello @toms16590,

Are you sure you share the correct bnsupportID? I’m still seeing references to xip.io both in wp-config.php and httpd-prefix-conf:

$ ag ".xip.io" apps/
apps/wordpress/conf/httpd-prefix.conf
9:RewriteRule "^/?(.*)" "%{REQUEST_SCHEME}://%1.%2.%3.%4.xip.io%5/$1" [L,R=302,NE]

apps/wordpress/htdocs/wp-config.php
89:define( 'DOMAIN_CURRENT_SITE', '**BNSUPPORT-IP**.xip.io' );

Could you check if you have these same references in your installation? If so, it may because the changes you applied to the files weren’t saved properly. To edit them you just need to use a text editor through the terminal (Start -> Open terminal).

Regards,
Francisco de Paz

Hi Francisco,

Apologies for not getting back to you in a little while,

Yes that is definitely the supportID run in the Bitnami terminal window

They keep reverting back to the original code like you’ve entered in your message when Bitnami is restarted. If I do not restart Bitnami it seems to get stuck in a loop with these files.

Thanks,
Tom

Hi @toms16590,

Do you have configured bnconfig in your installation? That tool checks the domain is the configured one each time the application is started. To fix this, please run the following commands as explained in our Update The IP Address Or Hostname guide:

sudo /opt/bitnami/openfire/bnconfig --machine_hostname NEW_DOMAIN
sudo mv /opt/bitnami/openfire/bnconfig /opt/bitnami/openfire/bnconfig.disabled

After that, restart your application and check whether the IP has been changed.

Regards,
Francisco de Paz

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.