Unable to make a ssh connection to gitlab (but http push and clone are working)
Let me introduce my configuration before explaining symptoms i have and researches i have done and how i have progressed on this problem.
I run a x86 raring ringtail on a old pc and having installed bitnami gitlab 5.3
Here is my error msg when trying to push the first master branch in SSH mode :
« fatal: Could not read from remote repository.
Please make sure you have the correct access rights and the repository exists. »
(it works in http protocol with the gitlab web dashboard credentials)
1) I have launched bitnami-installer.run with ROOT user so i guess all the files went in /opt instead of /home (this was the good procedure?)
2) Also i did not have a « git » user before I installed gitlab since i have heard it can make a confusion in the .ssh/authorized_keys files and other permissions.
3) When I try a ssh -T firstname.lastname@example.org it says permission denied (public key) but the pub key on my client computer is also in the authorized_keys ?
4) The authorized_keys has the proper content also, with for each line : command= "/opt/gitlab/apps/" etc.
5) I have also noticed that i cannot display the content of the authorized_keys file with a sudo -su git nano authorized_keys because « the user is not in the sudoers file. »
6) But a sudo /opt/gitlab/apps/gitlab/gitlab-shell/bin/check return « ok » for each verification (gitlab api, access, repo and /home/git/.ssh/authorized_keys file (because i have set in th config.yml gitlab_url to : http://192.168.1.9/gitlab (local server ip address) instead of http://127.0.0.1:80/gitlab)
I have noticed that i have « two versions » of the gitlab-shell directory, one in /opt and one in /home and i don't know if it it is the appropriated demeanor ?
6) When i try a ssh -Tv it seems the ssh server does not even accept my key, fail to authenticate and return « permission denied » at last.
7) Also nothing special in the /var/log/auth.log files other than sshd[number] : connection closed by IP address
8) the authorized_keys file path is set to the correct absolute url in the /etc/ssh/sshd_config file (/home/git/.ssh/authorized_keys)
9) And finally i am unable to debug with « bundle exec bin/rake » since i am not able to make my ubuntu install all the required pacakge to execute bundle.
I am almost sure it's either a simple ssh misconfiguration or something wrong when invoking the command="/opt/...../gitlab-shell" in the authorized_keys file
ps: using git with HTTP protocole would be enough for my home server but the interest of the gitlab dashboard is to easily add a contributor by filling the ssh key in the web form and using ssh after