Unable to locate

Keywords: WordPress + NGINX + SSL - AWS - How to - Secure Connections (SSL/HTTPS)
Description:
Hello,

We created a new instance & all setups are complete.

Trying to force load SSL using the directions mentioned in Force HTTPS Redirection With NGINX, But unable to locate the bitnami.conf in the mentioned path.

We guess the stack setup is changed and the file is moved somewhere else and the same has not been updated in the documentation.

Connected to SFTP and browsed completely, But unable to find where is the bitnami.conf.

Could you please help?

Hi @vgnavada,

You are right, that page was not updated when the new WP was released. You should be able to force HTTPS redirection adding the following lines to the existing server block listening at port 80 in /opt/bitnami/nginx/conf/nginx.conf or /opt/bitnami/nginx/conf/server_blocks/wordpress-server-block.conf:

server {
      listen 80;
      server_name localhost;
      return 301 https://$host$request_uri;
}

Regards,
Francisco de Paz

Hello @fdepaz, I added the code to the following file and now things are working fine. Thanks a lot. And kindly look into the documentation so that it will not misguide new users with new installations.:slight_smile:

Hello @vgnavada,

I’m glad this got solved! I have added this to our documentation review, thanks for the suggestion!

Regards,
Francisco de Paz