Keywords: Elasticsearch - Google Cloud Platform - Technical issue - Connectivity (SSH/FTP)
bnsupport ID: 2103b827-34b8-e870-7050-edb3f70a14f6
? Connectivity: Found possible issues ? Resources: Found possible issues https://docs.bitnami.com/general/faq/administration/use-firewall/ https://docs.bitnami.com/installer/faq/linux-faq/administration/increase-memory-linux/
bndiagnostic failure reason: The documentation did not make any significant change
I had no issue to add HTTP access to binami elasticsearch on GCP for previous projects, but I’m unable to succeed on my new one.
The steps I followed:
- Create a Bitnami elasticsearch VM. Everything seems to be ok, I checked that with sudo /opt/bitnami/ctlscript.sh status and sudo vi /opt/bitnami/var/log/first-boot.log
- Create a static external IP linked to the VM on GCP
- Update the /opt/bitnami/elasticsearch/config/elasticsearch.yml configuration: network.host is 0.0.0.0 and network.public_host is my static external IP (22.214.171.124).
- I restarted the ES instance just to be sure with sudo /opt/bitnami/ctlscript.sh restart
- On ES reboot, my external IP is displayed so everything seems fine
Then I added firewall rule on GCP following your guide. I tried everything:
- create a rule where all ports all methods are allowed
- create a rule where only ports 80 and 9200 with tcp are allowed
- specify Target tags with the VM tag, allow all instances
- directly modify the VM and check Allow HTTP trafic and Allow HTTPS trafic
None of that is working, even if I correctly see the rules applied on my instance when I click on Network interface > default > Firewall rules.
I get a Error: connect ECONNREFUSED when I try to access the instance.