Unable to connect to ports even with firewall opened

Keywords: RabbitMQ - Virtual Machines - How to - Connectivity (SSH/FTP)

Description:
Am currently trying to install up a pair of RabbitMQ servers, one as an on-prem VM and one on AWS (connected via federation). I’ve put the AWS one behind a load balancer, so am able to connect to this without any issues. However the VM one is a different story. I’m able to SSH onto it from wherever I wish, but connecting to it on 5672, 15672, etc just isn’t playing ball.

I’ve opened up the ports on the firewall and still have the same issues. We run on a /23 network - e.g. 192.168.1.1 ~ 192.168.2.256. The RabbitMQ server lives at 192.168.1.12. I can access the management interface using other machines on 192.168.1.x, but not 192.168.2.x (I have confirmed the subnet is correct within /etc/systemd/network/25-wired.network). I’ve even tried disabling the ufw firewall and it’s behaving in the same manner.

The VM will not be exposed to the public internet in any way shape or form, so I’m fine with the ports simply being open (we have a VPN tunnel between us and our AWS set up).

As an extra - I have confirmed that RabbitMQ is running OK on the VM. On the local machine I’m able to curl to the various ports and get a response.

Hi @pete.allison,

We have a Support Tool that will gather relevant information for us to analyze your configuration and logs. Could you please execute it on the machine where the stack is running by following the steps described in the guide below?

How to Run the Bitnami Support Tool in a cloud image or virtual machine

Please note that you need to paste the code ID that is shown at the end.

Regards,
Michiel

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.