Unable to access my moodle site from domain name

Keywords: Moodle - Google Cloud Platform - Technical issue - Other
bnsupport ID: 434faf2b-c02b-dfe1-30b9-d48773785ea7
Description:
I have a Bitnami Moode instance on the Google Cloud. I changed the machine type from f1-micro to g1-small. Immediately after doing that, I was unable to load the site from the domain name (https://www.edtechdesigner.com/) however I can access it from the site address. (http://34.75.62.19/). I get an ERR_CONNECTION_TIMED_OUT message. When checking the DNS checker it doesn’t seems to be an issue there. So would anyone know what might be the cause and suggest a course of action.
Regards,
Ben

Hi @benjaminwaller

Thanks for using Bitnami Moodle!

When you upgraded the machine type, another instance (with a different IP) was spun up and replaced the old one. Let’s check the DNS and see what IP it points to:

It seems it points to the old IP. You need to update this configuration and wait for the changes to propagate. After that, you should be able to access using your domain again :slightly_smiling_face:

Best regards,
Jose Antonio Carmona

Was my answer helpful? Click on :heart:

1 Like

Thanks @jcarmona

I see. Could you please advise the best way to update this configuration?

Best regards,
Ben

My pleasure!

Could you please advise the best way to update this configuration?

In order to update the IP your domain points to, you should reach out to your DNS provider and update the configuration there.

For instance, the DNS provider I usually use provides this interface:

I can click on edit and update the value pointing to the IP.

Best regards,
Jose Antonio Carmona

Thank you @jcarmona
I was able to find my IP address in the DNS settings and update it!

Thanks again. Appreciate your time to help me with this.

Best regards,
Ben

Glad to see you were able to solve your issue! We are marking the previous answer as “Solution” and this topic as “Closed”.

If you have any other questions, please do not hesitate to let us know. Feel free to create a new topic referencing to this one if necessary.

Best regards,
Jose Antonio Carmona

1 Like