Typo3 installer error libk5crypto.so.3: undefined symbol: EVP_KDF_ctrl, version OPENSSL_1_1_1b

Keywords: General - Linux - Technical issue - Other
Description:
Installing typo3 10.4.5-9 on centos 7-8 fails because the openssl lib called is old and does not contain the referenced symbol

Hi @dangove

Thanks for reporting the issue! Could you please tell me what is the OpenSSL version you are using?

$  openssl version -a

1.1.1c initially, and 1.1.1g after updates. Both fail.

Hi, @dangove .

Unfortunately, our installers don’t support CentOS 8. Regarding CentOS 7, I have been able to successfully install it without a problem. Do you face the same error in this version?

May I suggest you to try the virtual machine instead of the installer?

https://bitnami.com/stack/typo3/virtual-machine

The virtual machine is not the OS dist we use, and highly limited in function, not what I’d consider production ready.

As for CentOS, the statement about your installer is incorrect. I’ve, through my own efforts, determined a path, and have it installed and running on 8, via your installer. Subsequently, this thread can be closed.

Hi @dangove

Glad to see you were able to solve the problem! As per my statement about CentOS 8, I meant to say that the installer does not support the version out-of-the-box unlike CentOS 7.

Do not hesitate to reach out to us again in case you have any further questions :slightly_smiling_face: