TYPO3 - how to upgrade core version on Google Cloud instance

Keywords: General - Google Cloud Platform - How to - Upgrade

Description:
I’m running typo3 by Bitnami in an Google Cloud instance and I noticed that there is no Admin tools avalible in the CMS. Therefore, I’m wondering how to upgrade the typo3 core version?

Hello @t3hc00n,

Thank you for using our solution. That’s a specific question about the application so we suggest you ask in the official forums of the application to get more information about that. The app’s documentation should also describe how to achieve what you want to, so please take a look at it too.

https://docs.typo3.org/m/typo3/guide-installation/master/en-us/

However, we will also keep this ticket open in this forum in case any Bitnami user configured the application they way you want to.

Thanks

Thank you for your reply!

Yes I understand that that’s application specific and I have gone through the documentation which suggests to use the Admin tools inside the CMS. Admin tools are not present in Bitnami solution, so I thought that there is another way to upgrade typo3 core. I mean, there must be a way to upgrade it, otherwise it’s becoming absolete very fast. If you have any other ideas I’d be glad to test them. Curently I’m running v10.4.13

Cheers, t3hc00n

Hi @t3hc00n,

To upgrade I recommend launching a new instance with the latest version of Typo3 and then migrate your data there. In that way you will have the latest versions of all components.

Regards,
Michiel

Thank you very much Michiel!
Cheers, Matija