Keywords: General - Virtual Machines - Technical issue - Connectivity (SSH/FTP)
i downloadet https://downloads.bitnami.com/files/stacks/typo3/9.5.5-0/bitnami-typo3-9.5.5-0-linux-debian-9-x86_64.ova
and started it in VirtualBox
- Windows 10.0 64-bit host OS running VirtualBox 5.2.26, with Debian guest OS.
- OpenSSH server is installed and running (ssh -v localhost connects locally in the guest machine).
- Can SSH to external servers (no outbound Windows firewall rule blocking port 22)
- Can ping the IP of the guest (192.168.178.126)
- network scanner result: IP: 192.168.178.126 Host: debian.fritz.box Max: 08-00-27-E.. Response Time: 0 ms
Using PuTTY to SSH to the IP of the guest OS (192.168.178.126), PuTTY returns almost immediately with
Network error: connection refused
How can I diagnose & resolve this issue?
I found/read a posting very close to this issue: https://superuser.com/questions/479181/ssh-into-virtualbox-guest-connection-refused
but not helped me