Keywords: WordPress - Google Cloud Platform - How to - Application configuration
I have experienced twice where the website is down suddenly. The first time is because I was using the smallest instance available and has reached its max capacity. A change of machine type and increasing the disk space solved the problem.
The second time, when the website is down, I did a snapshot of the VM, create a new instance(same machine type) with more disk space and it works again. Panickingly, I deleted the problem VM. I can’t run the support tool on the VM.
The problem VM is under-utilised based on GCP’s recommendation. Hence, I don’t think the machine type is the issue this time round? The disk capacity is at 61% when it goes down.
- If similar problem happens again, where should I look into to find the cause?
- What is the recommended disk usage level to look out for before it triggers a shutdown again?
- Can I safely rule out CPU and memory problem since the VM is under-utilised based on GCP’s recommendation?
- What is the recommended memory limit to work with for bitnami wordpress?
- Is there a recommended PHP and apache configuration for bitnami wordpres?