Tomcat 9 Manually Installed, Bitnami Restart Script not working

Keywords: Tomcat - Google Cloud Platform - Technical issue - Upgrade
Description:
Follow-up on this: Deploy Tomcat 9 on Google Cloud

I was able to install the Tomcat 9 installation following these instructions. However, this now breaks the bitnami restart script because it can’t find a service named tomcat. I have tried to debug the script, but it’s not easy to do. I’ve gone (for now) to restart Tomcat directly using this: ./catalina.sh start but would prefer to restore this bitnami script. Right now, it says “server not found”. :frowning:

Hi @mattsignup

Thanks for using Bitnami Tomcat!

However, this now breaks the bitnami restart script because it can’t find a service named tomcat.

Can you please share the command you are using to restart the service and its output? Also, I would like you to share the output of the following commands:

$ sudo ls -la /opt/bitnami
$ sudo ls -la TOMCAT_9_INSTALL_DIR

where TOMCAT_9_INSTALL_DIR is the installation directory you chose for Tomcat 9 (or /opt/bitnami/tomcat if you didn’t get to choose anyone).

Additionally, we have a Support Tool that will gather relevant information for us to analyze your configuration and logs. Could you please execute it on the machine where the stack is running by following the steps described in the guide below?

Please note that you need to paste the code ID that is shown at the end.

Best regards,
Jose Antonio Carmona

Was my answer helpful? Click on :heart:

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.