Tomcat 9 image for google cloud

Keywords: Tomcat - Google Cloud Platform - Technical issue - Upgrade
Description:
Hello,
I tried to install my application on the bitname tomcat image version, that is offered in the google marketplace. Unfortunately only tomcat 10 image is availabe. I am using CUBA application dev environemnt, which uses spring and spring is not comppatible with tomcat v10.x. Is there a way to get the tomcat9 google cloud image?

Regards
Michael

Hi @mcarell32,

Unfortunately, for Google Cloud we only provide one version of our stacks, being 10.x for Tomcat. If you want to use Tomcat 9, you will need to manually install our installer on your server. You can get the most recent installer from our website at https://bitnami.com/stack/tomcat/installer

You can either launch a new Tomcat 10 image, stop the services in /opt/bitnami and then install Tomcat 9 using our installer, or launch a fresh new Debian 10 server and install the stack on it.

Hello,

thanks for the reply. It is not as convenient as the marketplace image, but much better than dealing with the images provided by other companies. Maybe it would be a good idea to provide two versions the latest andn an prooven image. That would be great.

Best Regards
Michael

Hi @mcarell32,

Unfortunately we can’t only publish one version in Google Marketplace, so we usually publish the biggest branch for those applications maintaining several branches as in Tomcat maintaining 10.x, 9.x and 8.5.x.

It is not as convenient as the marketplace image, but much better than dealing with the images provided by other companies

Thanks for your kind words on our product. We hope you were able to install Tomcat 9 on your server and continue using our assets :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.