Thin_redmine and Thin_redmine2 constantly crushing

Keywords: Redmine - Windows - Technical issue - Email configuration (SMTP)
bnsupport ID: 2ad220eb-856c-7a60-4da0-f26125eee37c
Description:

Good day!

I was configuring mail for the Redmine application, and after changing the configuration.yml file for Outlook 365 settings, both Thin_redmine and Thin_redmine2 servers immediately stopped.
Unfortunately, due to inattention, I did not make a backup of the configuration file. I tried to manually revert the old settings and restart the servers several times, but it did not bring any positive results.

Below is an excerpt from the configuration file.

production:
  email_delivery:
    delivery_method: :smtp
    smtp_settings:
	  enable_starttls_auto: true
      tls: false
      address: smtp.office365.com
      port: 587
      domain: office365.com
      authentication: :login
      user_name: ******@domain.com
      password: ***********

Hi @efimov.glp

Thanks for using Bitnami Redmine!

Have you updated any other part of your configuration.yml file? I was able to see in your log that redmine is unable to find some Source Control Managers (SCM):

with: No such file or directory - "hg" --version
scm: error during get version string: No such file or directory - "hg" --version
SCM command failed, make sure that your SCM command (e.g. svn) is in PATH (C:\Bitnami\redmine-4.1.1-8\imagemagick;C:\Bitnami\redmine-4.1.1-8/msys64\bin;C:\Bitnami\redmine-4.1.1-8/ruby\bin;C:\Bitnami\redmine-4.1.1-8/git\bin;C:/Bitnami/redmine-4.1.1-8/apps/redmine/htdocs/vendor/bundle/ruby/2.5.0/bin;C:\Program Files\ImageMagick-6.9.8-Q16;C:\Program Files\ImageMagick-6.9.8-Q8;C:\Program Files\PHP\v5.3;C:\Windows\system32;C:\Windows;C:\Windows\System32\Wbem;C:\Windows\System32\WindowsPowerShell\v1.0\;C:\Windows\System32\OpenSSH\;C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft SQL Server\150\DTS\Binn\;C:\Program Files\Microsoft\Web Platform Installer\;C:\Users\efimov.gp\AppData\Local\Microsoft\WindowsApps;C:\Windows\system32\config\systemprofile\AppData\Local\Microsoft\WindowsApps)
You can configure your scm commands in config/configuration.yml.
"cvs" --version
with: No such file or directory - "cvs" --version
scm: error during get scm available: No such file or directory - "cvs" --version
SCM command failed, make sure that your SCM command (e.g. svn) is in PATH (C:\Bitnami\redmine-4.1.1-8\imagemagick;C:\Bitnami\redmine-4.1.1-8/msys64\bin;C:\Bitnami\redmine-4.1.1-8/ruby\bin;C:\Bitnami\redmine-4.1.1-8/git\bin;C:/Bitnami/redmine-4.1.1-8/apps/redmine/htdocs/vendor/bundle/ruby/2.5.0/bin;C:\Program Files\ImageMagick-6.9.8-Q16;C:\Program Files\ImageMagick-6.9.8-Q8;C:\Program Files\PHP\v5.3;C:\Windows\system32;C:\Windows;C:\Windows\System32\Wbem;C:\Windows\System32\WindowsPowerShell\v1.0\;C:\Windows\System32\OpenSSH\;C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft SQL Server\150\DTS\Binn\;C:\Program Files\Microsoft\Web Platform Installer\;C:\Users\efimov.gp\AppData\Local\Microsoft\WindowsApps;C:\Windows\system32\config\systemprofile\AppData\Local\Microsoft\WindowsApps)
"cvs" --version
with: No such file or directory - "cvs" --version
scm: error during get version string: No such file or directory - "cvs" --version
"bzr" --version
with: No such file or directory - "bzr" --version
scm: error during get scm available: No such file or directory - "bzr" --version
"bzr" --version
with: No such file or directory - "bzr" --version
scm: error during get version string: No such file or directory - "bzr" --version

Thin_redmine and Thin_redmine2 servers immediately stopped.

Could you please share the logs of these two services?

Best regards,
Jose Antonio Carmona

Was my answer helpful? Click on :heart:

1 Like

Hello, jcarmona!
Thanks for your reply. I’m quite sorry for being noob, but don’t you mind telling me where can I find logs for Thin_redmine and Thin_redmine2?

So, I managed to find and fix the problem.
As it turned out, when setting up the configuration file, I made a mistake and used one tab instead of two spaces.
I didn’t notice this until I checked the code through the validator and enabled the display of hidden symbols in my text editor.
Everything is working now, so the problem is solved.

I am glad to see you were able to solve your problem! I agree that YAML files are sometimes tricky when it comes to indentation or special symbols.

We are marking the previous answer as “Solution” and this topic as “Closed”.

If you have any other questions, please do not hesitate to let us know. Feel free to create a new topic referencing this one if necessary.

Best regards,
Jose Antonio Carmona

Was my answer helpful? Click on :heart: