The sample/mockup contents are pre-install on the product

Keywords: PrestaShop - Google Cloud Platform - How to - Other
Description:
Previously, there was a recommendation to use PS cleaner.

https://github.com/PrestaShop/pscleaner/

But the release zip cannot be uploaded to the system.

In any case, there was no option to have clean/fresh install Prestashop out-off-the-box from Bitnami?

The mockup contents like products are fine. But order details which messed the order id since the beginning is not nice for production env.

Any suggestions?

Hi @krid.ji

Thanks for using Bitnami Prestashop!

I don’t know the reason behind the removal of that plugin, but indeed it seemed like the recommended way to perform this kind of operation. I think this is something related to the application (maybe they are integrating this feature in future releases) and it’d be nice if you could reach out to the developer to let them know about your feelings.

In any case, I have searched through the UI and I haven’t seen any feature like this.

Any suggestions?

I have made a simple SQL script that seems to delete all the data related to the orders but leaves the catalog (mock products) intact. You can give it a try:

# Create a file with the following content
$ cat delete_orders.sql
TRUNCATE TABLE `ps_customer`;
TRUNCATE TABLE `ps_address`;
TRUNCATE TABLE `ps_orders`;
TRUNCATE TABLE `ps_order_detail`;
TRUNCATE TABLE `ps_message`;
TRUNCATE TABLE `ps_cart`;
TRUNCATE TABLE `ps_cart_product`;

# Use the following command to delete execute the script in your bitnami prestashop DB
$ mysql -u root -p bitnami_prestashop < delete_orders.sql

Best regards,
Jose Antonio Carmona

Was my answer helpful? Click on :heart:

1 Like

Thanks a lot! I will try the direct MySQL truncate then.

Thanks a lot! I will try the direct MySQL truncate then.

My pleasure! Did it work for you? :slightly_smiling_face:

Best regards,
Jose Antonio Carmona

yes, it does reset the mockup order, set the order id to start with 1 again.

just a few artifacts left like store addresses and things. but that could be removed by the backoffice.

Thanks a ton for the suggestion!

Glad to see you were able to solve your issue! We are marking the previous answer as “Solution” and this topic as “Closed”.

If you have any other questions, please do not hesitate to let us know. Feel free to create a new topic referencing this one if necessary.

Best regards,
Jose Antonio Carmona

1 Like