The Docker command to spin up a Kafka instance with SSL connection

Keywords: Kafka - Installers - How to - Secure Connections (SSL/HTTPS)

Description:
Hi, I use following command to spin up non-SSL Kafka connection with a zookeeper.
docker run --name zookeeper -p 2181:2181 -e ALLOW_ANONYMOUS_LOGIN=yes bitnami/zookeeper:latest

I use the following to create a plaintext docker connection which is accessable through PLAINTEXT connections

docker run --name kafka -p 9092:9092 -e KAFKA_BROKER_ID=1 -e KAFKA_CFG_LISTENERS=PLAINTEXT://:9092 -e KAFKA_CFG_ADVERTISED_LISTENERS=PLAINTEXT://127.0.0.1:9092 -e KAFKA_CFG_ZOOKEEPER_CONNECT=172.17.0.6:2181 -e ALLOW_PLAINTEXT_LISTENER=yes bitnami/kafka:latest

Now I want to spin up that Docker container for Kafka where an SSL connection is possible to access through clients.
But I tried almost all samples and it doesn’t work. I cannot even spin up a docker container which connects to the zookeeper and it shuts down automatically.

I was hoping if someone could give me an out-of-the-box example with certificates which works. So that I can test my client connection.

Hi @dolfken ,

We provide technical support for our containers and charts in our Github repositories. Our team is actively monitoring them and will be glad to help you there, usually within a business day, and the whole community will benefit from your contribution. Could you please post your question by creating a new issue in the Kafka repo?

https://github.com/bitnami/bitnami-docker-kafka/issues

Thanks.

Thanks for your response, I started a thread there (Kafka - Installers - How to - Secure Connections (SSL/HTTPS) · Issue #244 · bitnami/bitnami-docker-kafka · GitHub)

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.