TestLink 1.9 installation error - Fatal error: Uncaught TypeError: mysqli_close()

Keywords: TestLink - Windows - Technical issue - Other
Description:
I’m trying to install TestLink in my local however, kept on encountering this error once TestLink attempts to create a connection to the DB server:

Fatal error: Uncaught TypeError: mysqli_close(): Argument #1 ($mysql) must be of type mysqli, bool given in C:\xampp\htdocs\TestLink\vendor\adodb\adodb-php\drivers\adodb-mysqli.inc.php:822 Stack trace: #0 C:\xampp\htdocs\TestLink\vendor\adodb\adodb-php\drivers\adodb-mysqli.inc.php(822): mysqli_close(false) #1 C:\xampp\htdocs\TestLink\vendor\adodb\adodb-php\adodb.inc.php(2414): ADODB_mysqli->_close() #2 C:\xampp\htdocs\TestLink\lib\functions\database.class.php(484): ADOConnection->Close() #3 C:\xampp\htdocs\TestLink\install\installNewDB.php(240): database->close() #4 {main} thrown in C:\xampp\htdocs\TestLink\vendor\adodb\adodb-php\drivers\adodb-mysqli.inc.php on line 822

Here’s what line 822 looks like: @mysqli_close($this->_connectionID);

I didn’t do anything to the file being pertained to so I’m confused as to how am I going to solve this. Thanks!

Hi @aakashgrover28,

Did you change any configuration files before the issue happened? Can you describe the steps to reproduce it?

We have a Support Tool that will gather relevant information for us to analyze your configuration and logs. Could you please execute it on the machine where the stack is running by following the steps described in the guide below?

Please note that you need to paste the code ID that is shown at the end.

Regards,
Michiel

Here is the code
bba176d3-23f5-159b-0f22-843d48658517

Hi @aakashgrover28,

Can you give more details regarding your setup? I see you are installing TestLink the Xampp folder. For Windows we have a standalone TestLink installer.

Regards,
Michiel

Can you please share the link of standalone TestLink installer. I am not able to find it on google. Thanks

Hi @aakashgrover28,

You can download it from here:

https://bitnami.com/stack/testlink/installer

Regards,
Michiel

I’ve reproduced the error , this happens due to a missing check in ADODB mysqli driver, that is critical when you use PHP8, but does not happens with PHP7