I have a SuiteCRM Version 7.4.3 Bitnami instance running on an Azure Linux Server that stopped working on July 11th. It gives me an error when I try to send an email. The error log states:
Sat Jul 23 18:13:00 2016 [3d5baca8-abd4-b0ee-47a2-57549764df2f][FATAL] SugarPHPMailer encountered an error: An outgoing mail server is not configured to send emails. Please configure an outgoing mail server or select an outgoing mail server for the mail account that you are using in Settings >> Mail Account.
Sat Jul 23 18:13:00 2016 [3d5baca8-abd4-b0ee-47a2-57549764df2f][FATAL] SugarPHPMailer encountered an error: SMTP connect() failed. https://github.com/PHPMailer/PHPMailer/wiki/Troubleshooting
This is one of two SuiteCRM Version 7.4.3 Bitnami instances I am running on two separate VM Linux servers in separate Azure accounts. They were both had successfully been configured to send Outgoing email through either a Yahoo email account or a Network Solutions hosted email account for 4 months. Both SuiteCRM instances worked using either email provider until July 11, 2016 - the first instance is still working, the second instance has stopped sending email.
On July 11th, the Network Solutions email account shut down all outgoing mail after I had sent 1400 email receipts from my second SuiteCRM application in one day. I contacted Network Solutions and the account has been restored to normal operations.
With the first SuiteCRM instance I am currently able to send outgoing email from the Network Solutions account, so I know it has been reset and SMTP is working properly. I need to restore this functionality on my second SuiteCRM instance.
With the second SuiteCRM instance I get the above error message. The email configurations on both SuiteCRM instances are identical.
The second SuiteCRM instance that cannot send outgoing mail is otherwise working fine. The outgoing email server is configured using the Admin > Email Settings screen, but the error message states that SugarPHPMailer does not recognize any configured outgoing mail server - strange.
In possibly a related issue, when the email server was working on the second SuiteCRM instance, I noticed that the password reset function sent an email with a reset link that pointed to the wrong site url. It pointed back to the first SuiteCRM server, I think this is because this second SuiteCRM instance was created as a Bitnami instance on the second Azure server and then a SuiteCRM backup file from the first SuiteCRM instance was restored onto the second SuiteCRM instance. I believe this restore brought some configuration settings from the first SuiteCRM instance like the Site ID URL. This may be a part of the problem, but I am not sure.