Struggling with upgrade to 1.9.20

Keywords: TestLink - Windows - Technical issue - Upgrade
Description:
Hi

I’m trying to upgrade Bitnami Testlink from 1.9.14 to 1.9.20. What I did:

• installed 1.9.14 on my testing windows 2k16 machine
  • installed 1.9.20 next to it
  • dumped mysql DB and uploaded it using different name
  • connected 1.9.20 to DB version 1.9.14 just to receive an error saying that I need to perform manual DB upgrade
  • finally after thousands of try&fail I managed to run all scripts without errors :).
  • started Apache and managed to login using a local account
  • data seems to be OK, but app looks like garbage. It seems like it’s missing some css, js or something else that is used nowadays to create websites :slight_smile:
  • I cannot create working AD connection.

So to sum it up:

• data is fine, but app is missing some files so almost every page looks really bad
  • I can’t create a working AD connection.

Regards
Marek

Hello @marek.wasilewski,

This is the official documentation to upgrade only Testlink in case it helps:
https://github.com/TestLinkOpenSourceTRMS/testlink-code#5-upgrade-and-migration

Let me share with you this similar previous cases:

We have a Support Tool that will gather relevant information for us to analyze your configuration and logs. Could you please execute it on the machine where the stack is running by following the steps described in the guide below?

Please note that you need to paste the code ID that is shown at the end.

Hi @davidg

Thanks for replying :). I’ve read this documentation few times, but still can’t make our 1.9.14 upgrade nicely to 1.9.20.

First thing: no matter what I download I’m always getting a DEV version

which looks like it’s missing some css, js or something else. Can you give me a link to a production version (1.9.19 or .20)?
Second: I’ll upload a file generated by your support tool as soon as possible.

Regards
Marek

Hi

I can’t upload files. I’m getting a warning message that new users can’t create attachments :(.

Regards
Marek

Hello @marek.wasilewski

We download the source code from Sourceforge, that is where the Testlink team uploads stable versions as you can see in the link below
https://testlink.org/

Were these new users created as admin?

Regards

Hi @davidg

I downloaded source code from there and got dev version. Also tried downloading from github. Same result.

Sorry I wasn’t clear enough with that upload attachment post. I tried uploading a zip file created by your support tool here and got an error saying that I can’t create attachments here, because I’m the new user.

Regards
Marek