Start Memcached without SASL Authentication

:warning: IMPORTANT, please fill the questions

We assume you are using Bitnami to deploy your application.

• Which version of the application are you using?:

• Please choose how you got the application: Installer (Windows, Linux, macOS), cloud image (AWS, GCE, Azure, …) or VM (VMDK, VBOX):
    AWS

• Have you installed any plugin or modified any configuration file?:
    No

• Describe here your question/suggestion/issue (expected and actual results):
    According with your documentation: https://docs.bitnami.com/aws/infrastructure/memcached/administration/enable-disable-memcached-sasl/ I can run Memcached without SASL authentication BUT only running the command sudo sed -i 's/memcached -d -S/memcached -d/g' ctl.sh runs in an error sed: can’t read ctl.sh: No such file or directory so, how to achieve it?

Hi @neoacevedo,
We have a Support Tool that will gather relevant information for us to analyze your configuration and logs. Could you please execute it on the machine where the stack is running by following the steps described in the guide below?

How to Run the Bitnami Support Tool

Please note that you need to paste the code ID that is shown at the end.

Also, could you list the content of the /opt/bitnami/memcached/scripts/ directory?

ls /opt/bitnami/memcached/scripts/

hi

I have the same problem
ls /opt/bitnami/memcached/scripts/
setenv.sh

(there is only one file in that directory)

Hello,

Due to a change in the way we offer this solution, this documentation is no longer valid. We will work on updating it accordingly.

Regards

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.