Stackdriver Logging for Bitnami Tomcat

Hi!

I’m running a Bitnami Tomcat installation on my GCE instance and have troubles getting logs and metrics viewed in Stackdriver. I can see basic host metrics of GCE like CPU usage, disk I/O and network traffic, but there are no Apache logs. Of course, it would be very important to see requests per second or response latency in the Stackdriver dashboard. Also, logs from Apache’s access.log are not appearing in the Cloud Console Log viewer, I can only see activity logs. I read about the configuration of collectd for Stackdriver, Apache and Tomcat, and it appears as if Bitnami did all the configuration properly - but there is no output.

Thanks for your help,
Thomas

Hello @thomas_baldauf

Currently, we don’t install the Stackdriver Logging Agent in our Cloud Images by default. Therefore Stackdriver is not able to show you these log files.

You can install the Stackdrive Logging Agent in your machine following the Google documentation link below:
https://cloud.google.com/logging/docs/agent/installation

I hope this information is useful for you. If you have any other questions, please do not hesitate to let us know.

Best Regards,

Juan Ariza