SSH into the EC2 and cannot log in the instance

Keywords: Moodle - AWS - Technical issue - Connectivity (SSH/FTP)
Description:
Hi, I’m Japanese and it may be awkward because I hardly speak English.
I tried to SSH into the EC2 instance installing Bitnami LMS powered by Moodle™ LMS and only displayed these messages. I could not log in.

Linux ip-172-31-1-8 4.19.0-16-cloud-amd64 #1 SMP Debian 4.19.181-1 (2021-03-19) x86_64 
The programs included with the Debian GNU/Linux system are free software; 

How can I improve this issue? Please give me a information.

Hi @hagigy

Thanks for using Bitnami Moodle!

From the log above it does seem like the image you have launched does not correspond to a Bitnami Moodle one, bit a generic Debian instance that AWS offers. Could you please verify that the selected image is in fact Bitnami Moodle LMS? Could you please share a screenshot of the whole output the terminal prints once you are logged in via SSH? (PS. do not forget to mask out any sensitive information that might appear on it)

We have the whole process of connecting to an instance through SSH detailed in one of our guides. I think you may find this article handy:
https://docs.bitnami.com/aws/faq/get-started/connect-ssh/

Best regards,
Jose Antonio Carmona

Was my answer helpful? Click on :heart:

1 Like

Hi @jcarmona
Thanks for giving me the advice.

After few minutes later from I post this topic, I successed to SSH into EC2 instance.
I’ll check the article and cathe the information about connecting to an instance through SSH.

Thank you

My pleasure!

Glad to see you were able to solve your issue! We are marking the previous answer as “Solution” and this topic as “Closed”.

If you have any other questions, please do not hesitate to let us know. Feel free to create a new topic referencing this one if necessary.

Best regards,
Jose Antonio Carmona

Was my answer helpful? Click on :heart:

1 Like