"Sorry, you are not allowed to access this page." When accessing a themes options

Keywords: WordPress - AWS - Technical issue - Permissions

bnsupport ID: 7e7b4b5b-8e19-e89a-88a4-4772a2260c47

bndiagnostic output:

? Apache: Found possible issues
? Resources: Found possible issues
https://docs.bitnami.com/general/apps/wordpress/troubleshooting/debug-errors-apache/

Description:
Hi, I have bought a theme called “Proto” its one of the most popular Woocommerce themes.
https://themeforest.net/item/porto-responsive-wordpress-ecommerce-theme/9207399

I installed it on a new WP lightsail instance, now and i am unable to access the “theme options” for this theme. This is where i would be able to change all theme settings ect.

I have spoken to their support and they tried assiting through WP admin but was unable to do so, They said it needs to be fixed via the server as its permission issues, i have followed all the possible permission documentation and am still having the issue.

would love some assistance in getting this resolved!

I think the issue might be with the bitnami user not having access to htdocs or something.

I have changed permissions on multple files and even user groups and permissions. It seems like the theme really needs a lot of access, which im not sure how or where to set.

Hi @JaredOzzy,

The permissions configuration seems valid. The daemon group (the group that Apache uses to access the files) is the owner of the files and has write permissions. Let’s review the permissions of the /bitnami/wordpress folder, can you run this command

sudo ls -la /bitnami/wordpress/
sudo ls -la /bitnami/wordpress/wp-content/

Thanks

I have pasted the response below for those folder locations.

Got the above reply from the creators, gave them access to the server to figure out whats the issue as this was pretty critical.

Looks like it is on their side.

Hi @JaredOzzy,

The permissions configuration looks correct so there must be something on their side. I’m glad to hear that they are looking into that.

Let us know if you have any other questions regarding our configuration in the future :slight_smile: