Site can't be found when assigning Static IP on WP Multisite

Keywords: WordPress Multisite - AWS - Technical issue - Domain Name (DNS)
Description:
Hi, I am migrating my site to Lightsail from another host. I would like to migrate the site and the switch the domain name, so there is no interruptions to users. I crated a new instance, change from subdomain to subfolder structure, assigned a static IP and now can’t open the site using the IP address.

Thoughts?

I tried running the command, but I get message “The support bundle file was successfully created, but the automatic upload to Bitnami servers failed
. You will need to upload it to your Bitnami Support ticket manually. Please locate the following fi
le in your file browser or in your terminal: /tmp/bitnami-wordpressmultisite-info-20210403-140545-15
463.zip Exercise caution when uploading the resulting support bundle to public sites as it contains
detailed diagnostic information.bitnami@ip-172-26-30-47:~$ sudo /opt/bitnami/bnsupport-tool”

So, I tried looking for the file, buts I can’t find the file on my host

Hi @leonkrmv,

Did you follow the steps from this guide to configure the domain?

https://docs.bitnami.com/general/apps/wordpress-multisite/configuration/configure-wordpress-multisite/

Regards,
Michiel

Can I use this command without a domain name?sudo ./bnconfig --machine_hostname our-planets.com

I didnt do this step, because I haven’t transferred the domain over to amazon yet.

Hi @leonkrmv,

I recommend doing that after transferring the domain, or else the application will start using the domain name which can cause redirection issues, internal errors, etc.

Regards,
Michiel

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.