Setting up www.domain_name.com/app_name1 to www.domain_name.com and www.domain_name.com/app_name2 to www.app_name2.domain_name.com

I am using Amazon’s Tomcat-bitnami machine to run more than 1 applications. Registered a domain from Register.com and configure it using Route53 service. Now by using domain_name.com the default apache’s page is being shown. And to access the app_name1 I need to add suffix like domain_name.com/app_name1. I just want to open the app_name1 using domain_name.com and the app_name2 using app_name2.domain_name.com How to make it possible? My applications are in /opt/bitnami/apache-tomcat/webapps/

BY adding new Hosts in server.xml I am able to open app_name1 from www.domain_name.com
But app_name2 is not being recognized as I have added www.app_name2.domain_name.com.

Hi @irasoftwares13,

Look at this link to understand the way tomcat connects to apache in Bitnami stacks. Configuring tomcat itself is not something we typically do. Instead, we set up the Apache Proxy to serve different subURIs (i.e. apache would configure a virtual host to redirect traffic from servername domain_name.com to localhost/app1 and app_name2.domain_name.com to localhost/app2.

If there is anything you didn’t fully understand, please, don’t hesitate to ask us again. We’ll be more than glad to help you.

Best regards,

David González