Second wp install on wordpress LAMP vm

Keywords: WordPress - Virtual Machines - How to - Application configuration

Description:
So I want a second wordpress install on the normal LAMP wp vm. I configured apache to serve /opt/bitnami/wordpress2 (all i did was clone the vhosts file and changed the directory)

So now is time to install WP in my wordpress2 directory. I am just wondering if anything about the out of the box wp install has been modified. Is there a bitnami wp download that is tailored to the vm?

If not then that is fine. Just thought i would check.

Hello @peter.roe,

Thanks for using our stacks! Unfortunately, we do not release a WP that can be installed on top of a LAMP stack without changes. There are ways to use our old WP installers, downloading the installers in the VM and installing them there, though that approach is no longer viable with the newer versions.

Regards,
Francisco de Paz

Hey sorry I was not clear. I am using the bitnami wordpress vm with apache server. So I guess just use the stock WordPress install anyway

Hello @peter.roe,

Yes, in that case, you should be able to install WP in it and configure it to use the stack’s database.

Regards,
Francisco de Paz

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.