Search by file extension mp3: same issue online demo and my local install

Hello,

When I use the advanced search to search for file extension jpg or mp3 (only tested these two so far) the URL passed back doesn’t display any results. Simple search for the same parameters works.

here seem to be extra characters passed to the search results when I use the advanced search, search by file extension (mp3)

(I cannot post more than 1 link and the end portion is the important part anyway)
This does not work and is the URL after I perform the search form advanced search page:
[root]/resourcespace/pages/search.php?search=%21propertiesfext%3Amp3%2C+&archive=0&restypes=4

This works: [root]/resourcespace/pages/search.php?search=%21propertiesfext%3Amp3

This works: [root]/resourcespace/pages/search.php?search=%21propertiesfext%3Amp3+&archive=0&restypes=4

So that extra “%2C” seems to not need to be there in this particular kind of search and is causing the problem.

I saw this issue with my local bitnami stack install for my mac and reinstalled it, then saw the same issue. Then I used the demo with the demo login and still see the same issue. If anyone has and information or ideas on why this is happening please let me know.

Or, if there is an alternative way to filter items that have attached media, please let me know. Thank you!

Hi,

I was able to reproduce what you said. However, this doesn’t look like an issue with our Bitnami stack but with the ResourceSpace application itself. I recommend you to file a bug in their bug tracker http://bugs.resourcespace.org/login_page.php

Hope it helps.

Best regards,

Javier J. Salmerón

Thanks, I submitted a bug to that URL.

Hi,

Nice! please let me know what they answer.

Best regards,

Javier J. Salmerón