Roundcube connection to Apple Server (Mail) not possible

After installing Roundcube with Bitnami Installer, everything looks fine in the Application Manager. Database green, login phpMyAdmin fine.

However, Roundcube won't bind to Apple server, which can be seen at websites configuration button within the server. No login possible. No login at 127.0.0.1 either. No User and PW provided. No login shows with my domain/roundcube or my domain/webmail.

Could you tell me, how to make Roundcube work with Apple Server (Mail) as Web-Server?

I'm running El Capitan on a Mac Mini with Server 5.2.

Regards,

Chris

Hello,

Native Installers for Bitnami Stacks are completely self-contained and run independently of the rest of the software or libraries installed on your system. This means that this stack comes with its own Apache Server. If you go to your application manager, you can find where your application is running clicking in Configure in the Manage server tab:

In my example, the stack is running on port 8081, so going to 127.0.0.1:8081 in your browser should show your application.

Hope it helps,
Jose

Jose,

thanks for the fast answer.

I cannot login, because there is no user. Do you provide any default user?

And, really, I'd rather prefer to use Roundcube with my running Apache Mac Server, because all users I provide (family) habe an e-mail account there. Unfortunately Apple no longer provides a Webmail-Server going along with Mac Server.

Regards,

Chris

Am 23.01.2017 um 14:19 schrieb jose answers@bitnami.org:

jose jose Bitnami Developer
January 23
Hello,

Native Installers for Bitnami Stacks are completely self-contained and run independently of the rest of the software or libraries installed on your system. This means that this stack comes with its own Apache Server. If you go to your application manager, you can find where your application is running clicking in Configure in the Manage server tab:

In my example, the stack is running on port 8081, so going to 127.0.0.1:8081 in your browser should show your application.

Hope it helps,
Jose

Hello,

There is no default user due to RoundCube is an IMAP client, so it needs the user and password of your email account itself. Additionally, it may need that you configure your email address to accept IMAP requests. You should look to the documentation of your email account provider to enable this feature if necessary.

Also, if you would want to send emails along RoundCube you would need to configure it following the steps described in this guide:

https://docs.bitnami.com/installer/apps/roundcube/#how-to-configure-outbound-email-settings

Regards,
Jose