Remote Access to MariaDB in Magento Stack of Virtual Machine

Keywords: Magento - Virtual Machines - How to - Other
Description:
Hi Everyone,

I have installed Bitnami Magento 2.4.2 Appliance in VirtualBox running on Windows 10 computer. I have enabled SSH:22, MySQL:3306 ports along with the default 80 and 443. My Virtual Machine IP is 192.168.68.133.

I have configured port forwarding through the SSH tunnel using Putty mapping 8888 to 80. That’s how I can access Magento site and Admin in the web browser using the above IP address (HTTP://192.168.68.133 and HTTP://192.168.68.133/admin).

The stack is using MariaDB. I am trying to access the DB using PHPMyAdmin or MySQL Workbench using the server IP which is being refused as the DB has been set up to accept only LocalHost/127.0.0.1 traffic.

Error 403 Forbidden - For security reasons, this URL is only accessible using localhost (127.0.0.1) as the hostname.
Forbidden - For security reasons, this URL is only accessible using localhost (127.0.0.1) as the hostname.

Guru Meditation:
XID: 196651

I have checked a few documentations at the Bitnami site but not a single one has straight forward answer. Please help.

Regards,

Naweed

Hello @naweedqadir,

Thanks for using our Magento solution! To connect to phpMyAdmin in Windows please check our following guide:

https://docs.bitnami.com/virtual-machine/apps/magento/get-started/access-phpmyadmin/

Regards,
Francisco de Paz

Thanks, Francisco for looking into my query. I followed the instructions. Since I enabled password authentication in SSH so I did have to add Private/Public keys. I have managed to access phpMyAdmin.

Thanks and regards,

Naweed

Hello @naweedqadir,

I’m glad your issue got solved, thanks for confirming it! I’ll be closing this issue, please do not doubt to open a new thread if you encounter any other issues in the future.

Regards,
Francisco de Paz

1 Like